- This event has passed.
Opal Mountain & Inscription Canyon
May 18, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pmFree
UPDATE: FRIDAY 6:15PM – We are GO for Saturday morning, rain or shine, with no changes to the original plan (outlined below)
This will be an easy off-road run from near the town of Hinkley to Opal Mountain, “Little Inscription Canyon” and “Inscription Canyon” in the heart of Black Mountain Wilderness area. We will make stops at Little Inscription Canyon and Inscription Canyon to see the ancient Native American petroglyphs – both require walking/a short hike to reach.
This is an easy run – just perfect for beginners, and no problem for any stock 4×4 vehicle. We will encounter sandy washes, a few hill-climbs and possible mud/water crossings.
A few notes about this run:
- Check back here Saturday morning before you leave for any updates.
- Check the weather for Hinkley, CA and be sure to dress appropriately.
- Bring plenty of food, water, and snacks. It will be a long day.
- Pets are welcome but for the safety of your animal and others, please maintain full control of your animal at all times.
- Drinking on the trail is frowned upon and his very highly discouraged
- There are NO BATHROOMS along this entire route. We will have to make due with bushes and rocks.
REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS:
- Any stock 4×4 Jeep or truck with a spare tire and recovery points
- A full tank of fuel (Please fuel-up at the meetup location)
- CB Radio (optional, but recommended)
- A sense of fun and adventure!
We will meet at the Arco at 16251 D St, Victorville, CA at 9AM and will depart shortly after.
Be sure to arrive early enough to fuel-up, use the rest room, etc.
Click here for a map to the meetup spot:
Scroll down to the RSVP button to sign up for this run. Please post any questions in the comment section at the bottom.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.