- This event has passed.
Rattlesnake Canyon to Baldwin Lake
August 31, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pmFree
UPDATED FRIDAY EVENING: There is no update – see everyone at 9:30AM.. Dress cool!
This will be an easy off-road run from Highway 247 near Johnson Valley through the Big Bear mountains to Baldwin Lake near the city of Big Bear. This is an easy run – just perfect for beginners, and no problem for any stock 4×4 vehicle. We will encounter sandy washes, a few small rocks, and some tight-squeezes, but much of this run will be on fairly well-maintained dirt roads. We plan to finish the day near Baldwin Lake, HERE, hopefully before dark
A few notes about this run:
- Check back here Saturday morning before you leave for any updates.
- Bring plenty of food, water, and snacks. It will be a long day.
- Pets are welcome but for the safety of your animal and others, please maintain full control of your animal at all times.
- Drinking on the trail is frowned upon and his very highly discouraged
- There are NO BATHROOMS along this entire route. We will have to make due with bushes and rocks.
- This will be a long day. We plan to finish before dark, but off-roading is always an adventure and it is impossible to predict what could happen along the way. If you need to be home by a certain time, this run may not be for you.
REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS:
- Any stock 4×4 vehicle with a spare tire and recovery points
- A full tank of fuel (closest fuel is in Lucerne Valley or Flamingo Heights/Landers)
- CB Radio or GMRS/FRS/HAM (optional, but recommended CLICK HERE if you need an inexpensive radio)
- A sense of fun and adventure!
We will meet at the the intersection of Hwy 247 and Rattlesnake Canyon Road at 9:30AM
Be sure to arrive early enough to fuel-up, use the rest room, etc.
Click here for a map to the meetup spot:
(Preferred) UHF: 462.575 simplex, FRS: Ch16, GMRS: Ch2
CB: Ch16 (if that’s all you have – click here to get an inexpensive “preferred” radio!)
Scroll down to the RSVP button to sign up for this run. Please post any questions in the comment section at the bottom.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.